LEARN TO ROW
So you fancy the challenge of learning to row?
Rowing is a unique, fun and dynamic sport. No other man-powered vessel can get you around Lake Union in as fast and elegant a fashion as a rowing shell. At College Club Seattle we don’t take short cuts when teaching you to row. Our classes are limited to 12 people to ensure that everybody who signs up gets a lot of attention and coaching. There are two styles of rowing. Sweep rowing is with one oar and sculling is with two. Our aim during your learn to row at CCS is to teach you the basics of both styles, and develop the feel for moving across the water in a strong and efficient manner. By focussing on high skill levels, our learn to row graduates are better equipped to handle our local waterways and have a lot of fun along the way.
Saturday/Sunday class - 8:30 - 10:00 am
Series I: February 29, March 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 28,
Series II: May 23, 24, 30, 31, June 6, 7, 13, 14
Series III: July 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26, August 8, 9
Series IV: August 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30, September 5, 6
Series V: September 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27, October 3, 4
To Sign up email form to:
- To teach all new rowers the basics of the rowing stroke
- To become confident on the water in both sweep and sculling boats
- Learn the Lake Union traffic pattern so new rowers can handle the waterways safely
- To get people of all ages and genders access to the water
- Promote health and fitness to a new generation of athletes
E-mail coach for more information: email@example.com