LEARN TO ROW
So you fancy the challenge of learning to row?
Rowing is a unique, fun and dynamic sport. No other man-powered vessel can get you around Lake Union in as fast and elegant a fashion as a rowing shell. At College Club Seattle we don’t take short cuts when teaching you to row. Our classes are limited to 12 people to ensure that everybody who signs up gets a lot of attention and coaching. There are two styles of rowing. Sweep rowing is with one oar and sculling is with two. Our aim during your learn to row at CCS is to teach you the basics of both styles, and develop the feel for moving across the water in a strong and efficient manner. By focussing on high skill levels, our learn to row graduates are better equipped to handle our local waterways and have a lot of fun along the way.
Saturday/Sunday class - 8:30 - 10:00 am
LTR 1 -- April 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th, May 5th, 11th
LTR 2 -- May - FULL
LTR 3 -- June 29th, 30th, July 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st
LTR 4 -- Aug 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th, 31st, Sept 1st
LTR 5 -- Sept 7th, 8th, 14th, 21st, 22md, 28th, 29th, Oct 5th
To Sign up email form to:
- To teach all new rowers the basics of the rowing stroke
- To become confident on the water in both sweep and sculling boats
- Learn the Lake Union traffic pattern so new rowers can handle the waterways safely
- To get people of all ages and genders access to the water
- Promote health and fitness to a new generation of athletes
E-mail coach for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org